Thursday, May 10, 2012

Let's experiement

What I love about food, is that if you find some things that work together and taste great, you can deviate from the recipe and create your own invention.  I looked in the refrigerator and found out that I still had some fresh green beans from the weekend.
So, let's start off by snapping the last inch to 1/2 inch off of the beans and then snap them into smaller pieces.  A good rinse in a colander and then they are ready.
What I decided to do, was to make a Lebanese dish which I think was called Green Bean Stew.  It is basically, green beans steamed in some cooked onions and tomato sauce until tender.  This is what I did, at first.  I looked around and used half of an onion I had and then I found a can of V8, without high fructose corn syrup, and used that.

So, then, I had some sweet corn I had boiled a few days ago and chopped that up and threw it in a pan with some olive oil, cut up red peppers and a can of chopped tomatoes.
I then added them together with some cumin I grounded up.  It made for like a spicy and flavorful Lebanese fusion dish.
With some white rice, this turned out to be a great low calories and no fat dish.  Everyone come over.  Anyways, what I want to say is that while there are times that I experiment and it doesn't work, a lot of times it does work.  In this case, it worked just fine.  So, play around and try something new.

No comments:

Post a Comment