Friday, May 28, 2010

sugar free and low GL chocolate brownies

I love chocolate, I can't help it, as I normally down at least 24 ounces of chocolate milk, a day. I have been blessed with a wonderful metabolism that allows me to consume about a pound of chocolate a day with no visual weight gain or bad feelings. I have made this recipe as it was original with sugar and then when I made it and removed the sugar and did it my way, no one could tell the difference.

Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees F

you will need:
1/2 cup of butter (one stick)
1/2 cup of Truvia
1/2 cup of powdered milk
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup of whole wheat flour
a pinch of salt
1/4 teaspoon of baking powder


1. melt the butter and mix it with the truvia and powdered milk.
2. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix it all together.
3. Then add the cocoa powder, flour, salt and baking powder

pour into an oiled or sprayed 8 or 9 inch square pan dish and cook for 25-30 minutes. You will know it is done when you stick in a toothpick or a chopstick and it comes out clean.

I used whole wheat flour on this one, which does add a slightly nutty taste, but feel free to experiment on your own and change that to perhaps 1/4 cup whole wheat and 14 cup ground barley flour. The whole wheat flour has about 1/4th of the GL's that white AP flour has and the barley flour has less than half of the GL's of white AP flour. The Truvia has no calories or GL's and the powdered milk has a low GL as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment