Thursday, May 19, 2011

Red Bull is my Guru...

While at a recent trip to Whole Foods, I picked up some "natural" energy drinks.  What is odd about the difference between natural and unnatural is almost negligent, since vitamins and other nutrients are now added as chemicals not found isolated in nature.  In this case, the first drink I tried is called Guru and it was the sugar free variety.
The Guru drink is interesting in that it tastes exactly like a Red Bull.  Unlike other more mainstream energy drinks, Guru doesn't list in their nutritional information that it has so much B vitamin %.  It also contains some strange things like luo han guo juice, which is the juice from the Siraitia grosvenorii plant.  Which is a fruit sought after for its longevity increasing properties.  All in all, the drink is okay, but without sugar or any real vitamins, it only has a purpose of tasting bad.  I give it a 2 out of 5 and it hasn't yet to wake me up.

No comments:

Post a Comment