Thursday, October 6, 2011

My fall-back recipe

For anyone who reads this site and wonders when I will ever post a recipe, this is for you.  I have here, my favorite recipe.  It is my go-to or fall-back recipe.  It works every time and with about 5 ingredients and that is it.  You most likely have all 5 of these ingredients in your kitchen right now, or at least 4 of them.  I dare you, take a look now.  Leave the computer for a minute and take a look.....

This is like a scavenger hunt in which you should win, knowing you most likely bought everything and placed it in your kitchen in the first place.

Find me.....

some rosemary
some salt
some pepper
some red wine
a plastic bag like a ziploc bag
some beef

Okay, so what do you do?  Or what did I do?  I took two thick, 1 & 1/2 inch thick steaks, and placed them in a large ziploc bag.  I then sprinkled some rosemary, about 2 tablespoons, some salt, about 2 pinches, some freshly ground pepper and then poured in about half of a bottle of red wine.  Seal the bag and let it marinate in the fridge for about 1 day.

The next day, you take out the beef, place it in a pan on high heat.  You want to sear the sides of the beef so that they are brown and then when they are done, place in a dish and  set the oven to 350 and cook for 45 minutes to get pink in the middle, about 30 minutes for red still.

I admit, this isn't a great picture, but you get the idea.
You end up with a peppered and rosemary mixed with wine flavoring on the outside of the beef and tasty beef on the inside.  Simple recipe for any cut of beef that you are clueless as to what to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment