Tuesday, January 4, 2011

The new year resolution...


 I live in Columbia, a small town right to the Southeast of St. Louis.  Columbia, which has a population of about 8,000 people has many of the amenities of a bigger city but the old-world, small-town feel of a small place.  Columbia is only starting to slowly come out of the shadow of St. Louis with its own specialty restaurants and stores.  For instance, I heard recently that the Thai House, has only now been mention in the River Front Times and now readers are becoming aware of it.  The thing with Columbia is: it only has a few of these restaurants.  As I have already reviewed, it has at least one bad bar-pub food restaurant and several good ones, such as Joe Boccardi's and The Thai House. However as the stltoday writer mentioned, there is only two coffee houses, or cafes within the whole town:  http://www.stltoday.com/suburban-journals/illinois/news/article_131cc253-41ac-51d6-ae26-f6be7e9cf200.html?mode=story

As a New Year's resolution, I would like to review more of what Columbia has to offer the Metro area.  I have reviewed only one restaurant in town and friends of the owner insist I just had a bad time and assure me that the bad restaurant experience I had was not normal.  They tell me that I definitely need to to go back and try again. There are just a few restaurants in Columbia and I would also like to review both of the coffee houses or cafes in the area.

No comments:

Post a Comment