Thursday, October 10, 2013

J. Gumbo's

So, two weeks ago, my family and I was at the Strange Folk Festival, near Belleville, where people sell their home made items and there was some people selling yummy food.  What was different this year than last year, was the new faces of these guys:

These guys are the faces of J. Gumbo's.  This restaurant is located downtown St. Louis and they specialize in yummy gumbo and other Creole style dishes.  We tried two of the 4 items they were selling that day.  The first we tried was one called VooDoo chicken, which was chock full of spices and had a bit of heat to it.  It was delicious.  I'd give this an easy 3 and 1/2 stars out of 5.


The other one we tried was called the Drunken chicken and was actually so good and tender that my 5 year old said "it was the best thing I has ever eaten".  He also decided to eat as much of it as he could.  The chicken and rice were so tender and flavorful that it was a great dish.  I'd say the same and maybe even as a 4 out of 5 for this one.



So, go check out J. Gumbo's, at 312 N. 10th Street, Suite B, St. Louis, MO 63103.
https://www.facebook.com/jgumbosstl

No comments:

Post a Comment