Wednesday, October 9, 2013

A robust experience....

A nice out on this past Saturday meant that my wife and I could enjoy an evening out at a restaurant of my choice.  We already were doing something downtown, so I figured that checking out Robust, on Washington, would be ideal.  This restaurant does something unique to St. Louis restaurants: Robust pairs and even teaches the customer how to pair wines and beers or spirits with their meal.  So, you don't have some waiter pushing an expensive glass of red wine which tastes like crap when eaten with a nice steak or something similar.  The menu is very informative and the waiter we had was very friendly as well.  We were greeted nicely and taken to a nice table, by the window.  After a nice introduction and greeting by our waiter was a good explanation on how everything works, we ordered, waited and food arrived.   Everything was perfect with that time frame, from the time it took us to get our drinks to the time it took for my wife to get her salad.  Nothing took too long and even though the place was starting get busy and fill up, everyone was on the ball.

My wife ordered the Robust salad, which was filled with fresh raspberries, greens and even some large dried figs.  It was a tasty salad.  I think it could be safe to give this one a 3 out of 5 stars.

She then ordered the scallops, which came in this creamy sauce and I didn't try them because I don't do seafood, but my wife loved them.  I'd say that she was happy enough for a 3 and 1/2 out of 5 for them.



I ordered the steak, which was an 18 ounce steak and I normally do not eat steaks.  But let me say, that this was cooked the way I wanted it and it tasted awesome.  I actually ate most of my steak.  Let me say this: you take a steak and place a glob of herbed butter on it and it will taste even more amazing.  Perfectly cooked and seasoned french fries with a little salad next to it and this was just an awesome dish.  I'd give it an easy 3 and 1/2 out of 5 as well.



The fact is that our server, Mark, was so perfect of a server, even though it was getting busy and crowded, he stayed with us as much as he could and didn't stop taking care of us.  I recommend going there as soon as you get a chance and if you want a perfect time, ask for Mark.

No comments:

Post a Comment