Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Mundane activity yields a surprise

Like most guys in St. Louis, a haircut is just a thing that must be done or has to be done every once in a while.  So, I am off with my wife in South City to get a haircut.  After getting a great haircut at Temptor Salon, I decided to waste some time and investigate the area, while my wife gets her hair cut and styled.  Where do I go?  Well, next door of course.

What I didn't realize while waiting for my wife as she was getting her hair cut, was that right next door was the Perennial Artisan Ales.  http://www.perennialbeer.com/.  Perennial Artisan Ales started brewing there in September of 2011. They specialize in being a microbrewery and have a tasting room at this location. So, I walk in, look around and start thinking about what to drink.
My stylist, Corey James, suggested that I get and try the Abraxas and so after remembering that, I went with his suggestion.

This beer was nice, heavy and light at the same time.  It reminded me of a porter or a chocolate stout.  It was thick with chocolate flavor and that hit you first with a dark roasted note.  Then, after those you had some small flavors of vanilla or spices.  What this reminded me of or a good way to explain this beer, would be as if you sprinkled some cinnamon on a chocolate candy bar and then just started to munch away.

Now, while this is all good, what you should really pay attention to, is that you can drink a beer while you wait.  So, if your wife or yourself are in need of a haircut or anything else and you feel like hitting up a beer next door and trying something good, I suggest doing so.  There is outside seating and inside as well in their tasting room.  So, the next time your wife or girlfriend or friend or you, need a haircut and you would like a drink before or afterwards, quickly, then I suggest going to Temptor Salon http://www.temptorsalon.com/ and then over to Perennial Artisan Ales.


No comments:

Post a Comment