Thursday, January 24, 2013

I can't think of one

I know I'm supposed to have a post ready, but I haven't eaten anywhere.  I do wish that there was a food truck that was open downtown before 11, but that is just me.  I can't call a restaurant up and tell them to change everything they are and do because I didn't get to try something on their menu, so in reality, why should a food truck change what they do and are for just me?  Well, it isn't just me.  I think that if there was a donut truck that was open downtown from like 4am to 10am or whatever, they would make bank.  I eat donuts in all hours of the day, from morning till night and even make my own, non-fried, sugar free and baked in the oven.  Sell donuts for 75 cents each and watch the money roll in.  Sell some cheap coffee and you would have a line of people waiting for your food in any weather, even today's weather.

Not related to donuts however, there is a cool event this weekend.  In City Hall is a cook-off challenge with beer and food.  I know, what could be better than that.  This event is the Crystal Cajun Cook-Off: http://www.mardigrasinc.com/events/crystal-cajun-cook-off/

Now, they do mention that paying for a ticket will not allow you to sample what the chefs are making, during the cook-off, but they have food already prepared for you.  And the best part?  It says on their site that attendees can have "unlimited" bud light.  How cool is that?  Tickets are $35 each and you will be inside where it is warm and dry and enjoying yourself while the rest of the world freezes.


  

No comments:

Post a Comment