Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Go Cards!

So, while walking through the local grocery store, I saw this:
Mr. Albert Pujols's is standing there in his cardboard self, selling me an protein shake.  How could I say no to him, right?  So I bought a chocolate flavored one.
Was it good?  Well, it tasted like every other milk based protein shake out there.  It tasted just like Muscle Milk and had about the same amount of vitamins and nutrients in it.  Even more so, 32 grams of protein is a lot or protein.  With a daily suggestion of about 50 grams of protein for an adult, this covers about half of your day-s worth.  A single 8 ounce glass of whole milk, has 8 grams of protein.  So, is it possible to get your needed amount by not eating meat?  Yeah, but easier if you do eat meat.  My kids normally eat a chicken nugget happy meal and there is about 3 grams of protein per nugget.  

No comments:

Post a Comment