Thursday, August 18, 2011

A small snack...

I admit, I did get some good genes from my family line.  One of my favorite is my metabolism, and it is also a topic of conversation and remarks wherever I go.  I eat a lot of food and I gain only 1% of the total weight onto my body.  I don't know how it happens or why it happens this way but it does.  My family has always been thin, when eating mostly healthy options, and I am still in this category.  I know one day my wife wanted to know what I ate on a normal work day during the week.  I counted up over 7,000 calories. 

Anyways, my wife and I were watching an episode of Bizarre Foods, when Andrew went to Montreal.  It was torture.  It was worse than water boarding as my wife and I sat on the couch, well after our dinner, as the kids were already asleep and we watched pictures and video clips of foods of the gods paraded in front of us.  The fresh maple syrup, the meats, even exotic meats like horse looked tasty and I my stomach was starting to growl.  When I get hungry and something looks good, I feel as though I am as hungry as Wiley E. Coyote.  Images of the coyote stealing 4-5 sheep at one time to eat at once, or trying to catch that elusive bird, but always very hungry.  I would suggest a Tasmanian Devil reference, but I think I have more class than that.

So, I wanted a snack and I started with some breakfast sausage in a pan with some olive oil.  I then added some mashed potato smiley faces and then some eggs.  Cooked it all up and poured some roasted onion soup on top of that.  A sprinkling of Tabasco sauce, freshly ground black lava salt and some freshly ground pepper later and I have a great snack.  Yeah, it was a large plate and enough to be a meal for some, but for me, it was only a snack.
"What was it," you ask?  It was 2 eggs scrambled in some olive oil with some breakfast sausage and some oven-ready french fries.  I cooked it all together and added some roasted onion soup on top.  A sprinkling of some black lava sea salt and some fresh pepper and there you have it.  Probably a good 500 calorie snack and a good way to end the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment