Thursday, June 20, 2013

World's Fair Donuts

I know that this place has been here, forever, and I know that it was once listed as one of the top 10 in the nation, but this was my first time, that I can remember, getting some Worlds Fair Donuts.  This donut shop is located near Shaw Avenue near The Hill and has been making fresh donuts since 1976.  There isn't anything secret in these wonderful heaven bites.  There is no fake sugars, no high fructose corn syrup and no artificial anything.  Everything tastes awesome and fresh and light and fluffy.

The building is small on the inside.  There is no large kitchen, no huge vats of frying oil and no conveyor belt to move things through.  No group of teenagers in fancy uniforms flipping the donuts and then watching them as they move through another machine to be glazed.  Nope, this is all done in a little shop, in a little room, and all in front of you.

I've been there twice in the past month and have gotten a dozen each time.  What I have to say, is that out of the random selection I ask from them, none of the donuts have been bad.  I know it may sound like there is no such thing as a bad donut, but some donut places serve donuts that after you have the first one, the second one starts to gnaw on you and so on.  By the third or fourth donut, you realize that you are indulging in the sugar rush rather than enjoying yourself.  These donuts are not like that.  These are real and so much more tastier that you will find yourself eating and eating and soon find yourself in a donut orgasm.

So, my advise: go there and get a donut.  Jut get one, if your don't believe me.  But, you will find yourself coming back and getting more and more.  This is my second favorite donut shop in St. Louis.  So, everything I have had was a great 4 out of 5 stars as in I highly recommend it.



World's Fair Donuts
1904 S Vandeventer Ave, St Louis, MO 

No comments:

Post a Comment