Tuesday, December 18, 2012

First time for everything

Well, I was thinking of something to write about and then realized, that I don't think I have shared a good recipe in a while.  So, let me think...  Christmas is coming or any other holiday which you may celebrate.  Wouldn't it be nice to present a loved one with a pan of brownies?

This is a recipe I have been using for years, brownies go great with everything from Jager to beer and you can't pass these up.

You will need:

medium mixing bowl
whisk and spatula
one stick of unsalted butter
1 cup of white sugar
2 eggs
1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
1/2 cup of AP flour
1/3 cup of cocoa powder
pinch of salt
1/4 teaspoon baking powder


1. Now, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
2. Cream the sugar with the butter using the whisk
3. When all mixed together, add the eggs and the vanilla extract.  Mix.
4. Then add the flour and slowly mix together.  You may want to switch to the spatula now as it starts to get thicker.
5. Add the cocoa powder and slowly mix together.
6. Add the salt and baking powder
7.  Pour in a greased 8x8 inch dish.  PAM is a great 0 calorie spray for this.  You can spray all over the baking dish and nothing will stick.
8.  Place dish in oven that was peheated at 350 and bake for about 25 minutes.

They are finished when you stick a toothpick or chopstick in them and it comes out clean.  I have this natural aversion to sticking most of my body inside of an oven and poke something that hot with a tiny toothpick.  So, I use the narrow end of a chopstick and use that.  It works the same way and I don't have to get my hands even inside of the oven.

Enjoy.









No comments:

Post a Comment